Considering new construction homes in Orlando? If so, you’re not alone! The Greater Orlando Area is a beautiful part of Florida, famous for its iconic attractions like Walt Disney World, proximity to the Space Coast and Kennedy Space Center, breathtaking nature, and endless sunshine, making it a perfect place for families, professionals, and new homebuyers at any stage of life to settle down.
New homes in Orlando FL offer homebuyers a variety of benefits including energy efficiency, lower maintenance, and warranties – and with its world-famous theme parks, abundance of outdoor and family-friendly activities, diverse cultural attractions, and affordable cost of living, Orlando is a great place to buy a new home.
Buying a new construction home is a different process than buying an existing home. There are a lot of things to consider, from choosing where you want to live and finding the right home builder to choosing the right style of home and floor plan.
In this guide, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know. So whether you’re a first-time Orlando homebuyer or you’re just looking for a change, this guide is for you.
7 Steps to Buying a New Construction Home in Orlando Florida
- Step 1: Decide Where in the Orlando FL Area You Want to Live
- Step 2: Choose The Type of New Home You Want to Live In
- Step 3: Choose Which Type of Community is Right for You
- Step 4: Consider Whether to Build Your New Home or Move In Now
- Step 5: Finding the Right Orlando-Area Home Builder
- Step 6: Prepare Your Finances and Finalize Your Mortgage
- Step 7: Get Ready for Your New Home in Orlando
Step 1: Decide Where in the Orlando FL Area You Want to Live
Location, Location, Location. No matter where you live in Florida, you can expect plenty of sunshine, outdoor recreation, and endless opportunities for excursions and adventures. You’ll probably even be able to enjoy your patio all year round (after all, there’s a reason why most of K. Hovnanian’s new homes in Orlando FL include covered patios, porches, or lanais)!
Orlando may attract tourists in large part thanks to its theme parks–after all, it is the Theme Park Capital of the World–but locals won’t hesitate to gush about how much more there is to explore. For one, the Orlando area is home to picturesque nature, which you can immerse yourself in by hiking, kayaking, birding, fishing, air-boating, and more.
You may not know, however, that Orlando is a foodie’s paradise, with incredible restaurants created by celebrity and local award-winning chefs. This not only includes 46 restaurants on the MICHELIN guide, but 11 restaurants with Bib Gourmand distinction and 4 with a MICHELIN star.
All that, plus Orlando’s sports, arts & culture, shopping, spas, nightlife, and family-friendly activities means you’ll never be bored. Commuters working in the aerospace industry will love Orlando’s proximity to the Space Coast. Luckily, K. Hovnanian Homes offers a wide variety of beautiful homes and communities throughout the Greater Orlando area so you can find your perfect match in the Sunshine State!
Cant wait? Start your new life in Orlando today! Browse our selection of New Construction Homes in the Greater Orlando Area and find the perfect home to start your new adventure.
Orlando FL: More Than Just Theme Parks
As the second most-visited city in Florida and the Theme Park Capital of the World, Orlando is widely known as a tourist destination. But it’s also the state’s fourth most-populated city, with a downtown featuring a top-notch food and cocktail scene, sports stadiums, and arts and entertainment venues. Orlando is also noted for its bustling aerospace, biotech, and advanced manufacturing industries.
Orlando boasts incredible nature, with more than 100 lakes, over 100 parks, and wetlands that are home to over 30 threatened and endangered species of wildlife. This offers the perfect balance of city living and outdoor adventure. It’s just an hour or two’s drive away from some of Florida’s best beaches, offering the perfect sun, sand, and surf-filled weekends.
Orlando, Florida, is a dynamic city that offers residents a captivating blend of thrills, nature, and urban convenience. From world-renowned theme parks to vibrant arts and culture, Orlando has something to offer everyone. Here are just a few of the reasons why Orlando is a great place to call home:
- World-Class Theme Parks: Orlando is home to Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando Resort, and SeaWorld Orlando, providing endless entertainment for families and thrill-seekers alike.
- Thriving Arts and Culture: Orlando offers a vibrant arts scene, from Broadway productions and renowned orchestras at the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts to a variety of local theater productions.
- Diverse Economy with Growth Opportunities: Orlando’s economy is fueled by a diverse range of industries, including aerospace, defense, simulation, and hospitality.
- Warm and Welcoming Community: Orlando residents are known for their friendly and welcoming nature. The city hosts a variety of community events throughout the year, fostering a sense of belonging and celebration.
- Abundant Outdoor Recreation and Natural Beauty: Orlando’s natural beauty is not to be overlooked. From kayaking and canoeing on Wekiwa Springs State Park to snorkeling and diving in Blue Springs State Park, there’s something for every outdoor enthusiast.
- Modern Infrastructure and Connectivity: Orlando’s infrastructure is well-maintained, with a modern public transportation system and a network of highways connecting it to major destinations throughout Florida. Orlando International Airport is a major hub for domestic and international travel.
- Affordable Cost of Living: Orlando offers an affordable cost of living compared to other major Florida cities, making it an attractive option for families and young professionals alike.
- Top-Rated Schools and Educational Opportunities: The city is served by Orange County Public Schools, a district that consistently ranks among the top in Florida for academic performance. The district offers a wide range of educational programs, including advanced coursework and specialized programs, preparing students for success in college and beyond.
Orlando is more than just a tourist destination; it is a place where people choose to build their lives. The city’s affordability, diverse neighborhoods, and excellent schools make it an attractive option for families and young professionals alike. With its endless possibilities for entertainment, culture, and personal growth, Orlando is a city that truly has something for everyone.
Thinking of Orlando FL? Come see our full selection of New Homes for Sale in Orlando FL or contact us today to learn more about new K. Hovnanian homes for sale in Orlando Florida.
Kissimmee FL: A Gateway to Adventure and Family Fun
Just south of the city of Orlando, at the northern tip of Lake Tohopekaliga, is Kissimmee, known as the Vacation Home Capital of the WorldⓇ. Like all of the Orlando area, Kissimmee is just a hop, skip, and a jump away from some of the world’s most famous attractions.
The city is known for its parades, events, fairs, and festivals. From classic car shows in the historic downtown to seasonally-themed light walks on the promenade, Kissimmee is the perfect place for fun-filled family adventures.
Step back in time as you shop in retro Old Town, peruse 18,000 square feet of antiques in Downtown Kissimmee, then grab an incredible meal on the Promenade at Sunset Walk. Along the way, enjoy incredible outdoor excursions on land, lakes, and air, or hit the links on one of Florida’s iconic golf courses at any time of year.
Kissimmee, Florida, is a vibrant and family-friendly city that offers residents a unique blend of suburban living and access to world-class attractions. Here are just a few of the things that make Kissimmee a great place to live:
- Gateway to Theme Park Magic: Kissimmee is close to Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando Resort, and SeaWorld Orlando, making it an ideal location for families seeking endless entertainment options.
- Year-Round Sunshine and Outdoor Activities: Kissimmee enjoys a warm, subtropical climate, allowing residents to enjoy outdoor activities year-round. With its abundance of lakes, parks, and natural areas, Kissimmee provides ample opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts to enjoy activities like boating, fishing, hiking, biking, and camping.
- Affordable Cost of Living: Kissimmee offers a relatively affordable cost of living compared to other major cities in Florida, making it an attractive option for those seeking a balance between value and lifestyle.
- Diverse and Welcoming Community: Kissimmee is a melting pot of cultures, with a diverse population that contributes to its vibrant atmosphere. The city is known for its friendly and welcoming residents.
- Excellent Educational Opportunities: Kissimmee is served by Osceola County Public Schools, a district that consistently ranks among the top in Florida for academic performance. The district offers a wide range of educational programs, including advanced coursework and specialized programs.
- Close to Nature and Adventure: Kissimmee is surrounded by natural beauty, with the Everglades to the south and the vast expanses of Central Florida to the north. Residents can easily escape to natural wonders like the Kissimmee Chain of Lakes, Lake Tohopekaliga, and numerous state and national parks.
If you’re seeking a new construction home in Kissimmee, you’ll find a wide selection of beautiful properties that cater to every lifestyle. With spacious floor plans, modern amenities, and stunning surroundings, these homes provide the perfect setting for creating lasting memories.
Interested in new construction homes in Kissimmee FL? Explore our selection of New Homes for Sale in Kissimmee FL or contact us today to learn more about new K. Hovnanian homes in Kissimmee Florida.
Apopka FL: An Oasis of Nature and Convenience
Nestled between Lake Apopka, Lake Apopka Wildlife Drive, and Wekiwa Springs State Park northwest of Orlando, Apopka is a city perfect for nature lovers looking for small-town charm and urban conveniences.
Fishing, hiking, birding, canoeing, and cycling opportunities abound across the stunning landscape. Even the less adventurous won’t want to miss the jaw-dropping, crystal-clear, bright blue water at Rock Springs at Kelly Park. Apopka is also home to the Northwest Recreation Complex, which has state-of-the-art outdoor sports fields, an amphitheater, and a massive lawn space, making it one of Florida’s premier outdoor sports and recreation facilities.
Local businesses and the annual Apopka Art and Foliage Festival offer homey charm, while shopping centers and proximity to major highways, attractions, and airports offer convenience.
Apopka, Florida, is a charming city that offers residents a blend of small-town living and access to major attractions. Here are just a few of the things that make Apopka a great place to live:
- Family-Friendly Atmosphere with Southern Charm: Apopka is known for its strong sense of community and family-friendly atmosphere. The city hosts a variety of events throughout the year, such as the annual Apopka Lake Festival and the Apopka Farmers Market.
- Excellent Schools: Apopka is served by the highly-rated Orange County Public Schools. The district offers a variety of educational programs, including advanced coursework and specialized programs. Apopka is also home to several private schools, providing families with a range of educational options.
- Affordable Cost of Living: Compared to other major Florida cities, Apopka offers a relatively affordable cost of living. Housing costs, in particular, are lower than in many surrounding areas. This makes Apopka an attractive option for families and young professionals alike.
- Abundant Outdoor Recreation: Apopka is surrounded by lakes, parks, and natural areas, providing ample opportunities for outdoor recreation. Residents can enjoy hiking, biking, fishing, kayaking, and more. The city also has several golf courses, making it a popular destination for golfers.
- Proximity to Theme Parks and Attractions: While Apopka offers a more relaxed pace of life, it is also conveniently located near major attractions. Walt Disney World Resort and Universal Orlando Resort are just a short drive away, providing residents with easy access to world-class entertainment.
- Thriving Downtown: Apopka’s downtown area is undergoing a revitalization, with new shops, restaurants, and businesses opening up all the time. The downtown area is also home to several parks and art installations, making it a popular spot for residents to gather and enjoy the outdoors.
With its blend of small-town charm, big-city amenities, excellent schools, strong sense of community, abundance of outdoor recreation, and affordable cost of living, Apopka is a great place to live for families, young professionals, and retirees alike.
Looking for new homes in Apopka FL? Discover our selection of New Homes for Sale in Apopka FL or contact us today to learn more about new K. Hovnanian homes for sale in Apopka Florida.
Winter Garden FL: Where Small-Town Charm Meets Big-City Amenities
Just west of Orlando on the southeast shore of Lake Apopka, Winter Garden is the ideal city for anyone who loves discovering new things and being out and about.
The Winter Garden Farmers Market is acclaimed across Florida and the United States. You’ll love strolling through the stands each Saturday morning, perusing locally-grown produce, flowers, artisan goods, and more.
Fun in the form of arts, culture, history, and recreation is never hard to find with unique attractions like the Central Florida Railroad Museum, SOBO Art Gallery–which formerly housed the town’s first fire department–and the Downtown Interactive Fountain splash park.
Living in Winter Garden means you’re part of a close-knit, small-town community with easy access to nature, outdoor recreation, iconic landmarks, and exciting theme parks. Here are a just a few of the things that makes Winter Garden a great place to live:
- Charming Small-Town Atmosphere: Winter Garden exudes a quaint, small-town charm, with its historic downtown, brick-paved and tree-lined streets, and family-friendly vibe.
- Abundant Outdoor Activities: Nature lovers will find plenty to enjoy in Winter Garden, with its vast network of parks, trails, and waterways. The West Orange Trail provides a scenic path for biking, walking, and jogging, while the numerous lakes offer opportunities for boating, fishing, and kayaking.
- Top-Rated Schools: Winter Garden is served by the highly-rated Orange County Public Schools district, known for its academic excellence and commitment to student success.
- Thriving Downtown: Downtown Winter Garden is a vibrant hub of activity, with its eclectic mix of shops, restaurants, cafes, and entertainment venues. Residents can enjoy strolling through the charming streets, browsing local boutiques, and savoring culinary delights.
- Family-Friendly Community: Winter Garden is known for its strong sense of community and focus on family-friendly activities. The city offers numerous parks, playgrounds, and recreation facilities, as well as a variety of kid-centric events throughout the year.
- Cultural Hub and Arts Scene: Winter Garden boasts a thriving cultural scene, with numerous art galleries, theaters, and performance venues. The city hosts various festivals and events throughout the year, showcasing local talent and celebrating the arts.
- Proximity to Orlando: Conveniently located just a short drive from Orlando, Winter Garden residents have easy access to world-class theme parks, entertainment options, and cultural attractions, making it an ideal location for those seeking a balance between small-town charm and big-city excitement.
Winter Garden is a city that truly has something for everyone. From its charming downtown to its abundance of outdoor activities, its excellent schools to its proximity to theme park excitement, Winter Garden offers a unique blend of small-town charm and big-city amenities, making it an ideal place to call home.
Considering a move to Winter Garden FL? Check out our selection of New Homes for Sale in Winter Garden Florida or contact us today to learn more about our new construction K. Hovnanian homes in Winter Garden FL.
Step 2: Choose The Type of New Home You Want to Live In
Some benefits of homeownership apply no matter what kind of home you live in. When you own instead of rent, you get the freedom to personalize your home as you wish, and you’ll be building equity over time.
But there are also key differences between different types of homes.
Let’s look at some common options for new construction homes in Orlando FL.
When you were a kid and you drew a picture of a house, you probably drew a single-family home–a free-standing square building with a triangular roof. A single-family home doesn’t have to look exactly like that, but it refers to a home that’s a detached structure meant for one family unit or household.
While you may still have next-door neighbors, you won’t share an interior wall with anyone, and will have a certain amount of outdoor space to yourself. This makes a single-family home a great choice for anyone prioritizing privacy and space – whether that means more bedrooms, a backyard, or simply plenty of room to stretch out.
You’ll also have the opportunity for renovation and expansion – though you’ll also be responsible for repairs and maintenance. While single-family homes can cost more than some alternatives, they can also be a savvy financial investment.
Townhomes & Condos
A condo–short for condominium–refers to a building of individually owned apartments. Generally, condos are perfect for first-time homeowners, young professionals, young families, people looking to downsize, and people looking for a more minimalist, low-maintenance lifestyle.
While you may think of condos as cramped spaces with tiny living areas and no more than two bedrooms, this isn’t always the case. True, condos may not offer much extra space or bonus rooms, but you can certainly have enough space to fit everything you need and live comfortably.
In fact, some condos are even larger than single-family homes! Some of K. Hovnanian’s luxury condos offer 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, and a whopping 2,602 square feet, featuring extravagant finishes and a sense of grandeur you might expect would be lost in apartment-style living.
However, condos mean more neighbors, more shared walls, and potentially less privacy. You’ll likely have one shared main entrance to the building or your section of the building, and then you’ll navigate through a hallway full of entrances to private apartments to get to your door.
If you’d like something halfway between a house and an apartment, a townhome could be for you. These multi-level structures have at least two floors and are attached to other living units by one or both walls.
This means you might have one or two next-door neighbors, but won’t have upstairs or downstairs neighbors. It also means you’ll have just one entrance to go through, and it’ll be a front door directly to your home.
If you enjoy the sense of community that can come from being close to your neighbors, shared amenities like a community pool or park, and a living environment that’s somewhere between urban and suburban, townhomes could be an ideal (and affordable) alternative to a detached home.
Offering more privacy than condos, townhomes are equally suited to first-time homebuyers who’ve outgrown apartment living and older homeowners who might be looking to downsize. The multi-level nature of townhomes, as well as the fact that they typically have a backyard or private outdoor space, can offer more division between spaces, creating the sense of more room, even if the square footage isn’t actually more than that of a condo.
Multi-Generational / Extra Suites
As multigenerational living is on the rise, consider homes with design features like our signature Extra Suite Plus option – a self-contained living space within a larger home that’s somewhere between a guest room and a guest house.
More than just a bedroom, our Extra Suite and Extra Suite Plus designs can include features like private entrances, baths, living areas, and kitchenettes. They’re perfect for households with grandparents, adult children who haven’t completely left the nest, or hosting long-term guests.
These spaces offer privacy and independence without compromising togetherness, convenience, or safety.
Step 3: Choose Which Type of Community is Right for You
Orlando is home to a wide variety of new construction home communities, each with its own unique appeal. Whether you’re looking for a family-friendly neighborhood with a pool and playground, a quiet retreat from the city, or a waterfront community with stunning views, you’re sure to find the perfect new construction home community in Orlando.
Types of Orlando-Area New Construction Home Communities
Family-friendly neighborhoods: These neighborhoods typically have amenities that appeal to families, such as pools, playgrounds, and walking trails. They are often located in close proximity to schools and other family-friendly activities.
Quiet communities: These communities are typically located in more rural areas and offer a more peaceful and relaxed lifestyle. They may have fewer amenities than family-friendly neighborhoods, but they often offer more privacy and space.
Master-planned communities: Master-planned communities are typically designed with a specific theme in mind, such as a Mediterranean village or a Tuscan villa. They often have a variety of architectural styles to choose from, as well as a wide range of amenities, such as parks, pools, clubhouses, and shopping centers. Master-planned communities are a good option for people who want to live in a community with a lot to offer, but they can also be more expensive than other types of communities.
Golf communities: Golf communities are designed for people who love to golf. They typically have a private golf course, as well as other amenities, such as clubhouses, pools, and tennis courts. Golf communities can be a great option for people who want to live in a community where they can enjoy golfing without having to travel far. However, they can also be more expensive than other types of communities.
Waterfront communities: Waterfront communities in are located on lakes, rivers, or the ocean. They offer residents the opportunity to enjoy water sports and activities, such as swimming, boating, and fishing. Waterfront communities can be a great option for people who love the water and who want to live in a community with a relaxed atmosphere. However, they can also be more expensive than other types of communities.
Scatter lot communities: Scatter lot communities offer all the benefits of new construction with more flexibility in location. Instead of being contained to one street or neighborhood, homebuilders develop plots of land in curated locations across a city. This can also mean you won’t have to wait for your neighbors’ homes to be built to feel like your community has begun to take shape–your home may be the newest home on the street!
Gated Community: Gated communities are another option to consider and are exactly what they sound like: any collection of homes which limits access to non-residents through a physical barrier like a gate, wall, or fence. Common benefits include a sense of security, quieter neighborhoods, and reduced through-traffic that makes it safer for kids to play and neighbors to chat. On the other hand, some find gated communities a bit too insular for their liking and prefer visitors to be able to drop by more easily.
Active 55+ Community: Designed for people who are 55 years of age and older, These resort-style communities offer lovely homes with minimal maintenance and a variety of activities. They offer a variety of activities and amenities, such as social clubs, fitness centers, and transportation services.
For example, Active lifestyle communities at K. Hovnanian Homes are designed for 55-year-old and older adults who are ready to enjoy their golden years to the fullest. Whether you’re challenging friends to a match on the sports court, taking a dip in the community pool, exploring the dog park with your canine friend, or enjoying a good meal in the barbecue pavilion, you’ll never run out of things to do in your next, exciting chapter.
HOA or No HOA
An HOA, or Homeowners Association, is a bit like a mini-government for common-interest communities and neighborhoods.
In communities with an HOA, homeowners will likely have to contribute a monthly fee that goes toward things like maintenance.
Like anything else, HOAs have their pluses and minuses. While some homeowners might chafe at regulations on things like exterior decorating, others enjoy the high levels of maintenance that HOA communities often have – as well as amenities, neighborhood events, high property values, conflict resolution, and an overall sense of community.
Step 4: Consider Whether to Build Your New Home or Move In Now
New construction homes all offer some common advantages, like adherence to new building codes, the latest technology, high energy efficiency standards, and more.
However, new construction homes come in different forms, which allow homebuyers to choose if they want something completely personalized, or quick and decision-free.
To-be-built homes may look like an empty pile of dirt. That’s because they are new homes that have yet to be built or constructed. It all starts with just a plot of land in a community.
Opting for a to-be-built home gives you the option to watch your dream home be built from the ground up. You can choose your home design pick out structural and non-structural options in advance – like adding an extended patio, switching out a loft for an extra bedroom, or upgrading your flooring.
While the process is longer–as it involves waiting for your home to be built from the ground up–and involves more decisions, it’s a great choice for anyone who wants their new home just as they envisioned it.
Move-in Ready Homes
If you love the idea of simply signing a contract, picking up your key, and wheeling in your suitcase, consider a move-in ready home.
Move-in Ready Homes are completely built and curated by our interior design team – these homes come equipped with beautiful finishes and modern layouts, so that you won’t need to spend time choosing which tiles go with which cabinets.
If you’ve ever toured a model home and wished that you could move in on the spot, a move-in ready home may be a great option.
Spec or Quick Move-In Homes
A happy medium between the two options above would be a new home that’s already been built but still has room for decisions on certain upgrades and options, so that you have more opportunity to fit your home to your needs and personal style.
If you like the idea of a blank canvas, but don’t like the idea of waiting for a new construction home to be built from scratch, consider these brand-new homes that are waiting for you to come and make them your own.
Quick Move-In Homes often have structural options like extra bathrooms, fireplaces, and extra-large patios installed, but they may not have flooring or finishes installed yet, allowing you to choose options that match your style.
Step 5: Finding the Right Orlando-Area Home Builder
When you’re looking for a new construction home builder, there are a lot of options, and it can be hard to know where to start. We might be biased, but we think K. Hovnanian Homes is a great choice if you’re looking for a new home builder in Orlando.
Here’s some helpful steps to help you find your perfect match:
- Schedule an Appointment or Tour a Model Home – A home builder’s website is a good place to start your search, but it can only tell you so much.
If you find an Orlando home builder you’re interested in, making an appointment with a Sales Consultant, touring a model home, or both – is an excellent way to get a feel for the team you’d be working with and the home you could be living in.
- Discuss Exterior & Interior Design Options — Whatever type of home you’re interested in, exterior and interior design options are an important factor to consider.
It’s crucial to know what kind of flexibility and choices a builder might offer, and what you can expect in terms of cabinetry, flooring, tiles, exterior elevation, and more.
At K. Hovnanian Homes, we’re proud to offer our innovative “Looks” interior design collections (available at select communities), making great design easy, user-friendly, and transparent. In a simple, streamlined process, we walk you through cohesive aesthetic design styles, such as Farmhouse and Loft style, while leaving plenty of options to personalize your home.
- Check Home Builder Incentives, Lending Options & Special Offers – It’s always smart to check what a home builder can offer in terms of financing, promotions, and discounts.
Some Orlando home builders may be willing to offer incentives to help make your dream of homeownership a reality.
Step 6: Prepare Your Finances and Finalize Your Mortgage
Buying a new home is a big investment, so it’s important to be prepared and informed. Unless you’re buying your home outright, your mortgage is a crucial part of the process.
Here are some tips on how to prepare your finances and finalize your mortgage:
- Get pre-approved for a mortgage. This will give you an idea of how much you can afford to borrow and will make your offer more attractive to sellers.
- Save for a down payment. The larger your down payment, the lower your monthly payments will be. Larger down payments may also help you qualify for lower interest rates and better incentives.
- Check your credit score. Your credit score will affect the interest rate you’re offered on your mortgage.
- Shop around for a mortgage lender. Compare interest rates and fees from different lenders before you choose one and check for any special offers from your home builder. Some home builders–like K. Hovnanian’s K. HovnanianⓇ American Mortgage, L.L.C.™–have in-house mortgage lenders.
- Read the closing disclosure carefully. This document will outline all of the terms of your mortgage, so it’s important to understand what you’re signing.
- Avoid making major purchases, changing your job, or switching banks. Once you decide to start looking for a home, you should put off purchasing a car, buying furniture on credit, starting a new job, or changing banks. All these things will increase your debt-to-income ratio and decrease the amount of stability you’re presenting to your mortgage lender.
Once you’ve found a lender and agreed on the terms of your mortgage, it’s time to finalize the process.
Here are a few additional things to keep in mind:
- Closing costs. In addition to the monthly mortgage payment, you’ll also have to pay closing costs. These costs can vary, but they typically range from 2% to 5% of the purchase price of the home.
- Escrow account. An escrow account is a separate account that holds money for your property taxes and homeowners insurance. The lender will collect money from you each month and deposit it into the escrow account.
- Title insurance. Title insurance protects you in case there are any problems with the title to the property.
While the process may seem overwhelming at first, when buying a K. Hovnanian home, we offer multiple free resources to avoid common stumbling blocks and help you sail through the process. Our in-house mortgage company, K. Hovnanian® American Mortgage, L.L.C.™(KHAM), also offers a variety of loan programs to work with your budget and needs. Reach out to a KHAM representative today to learn more.
Step 7: Get Ready for Your New Home in Orlando
After you’ve gotten through our first six steps, you have a new home!
Despite being exciting, the full moving process can be stressful. From decluttering, packing, planning, furniture, and design choices to your actual move-in day, moving is undeniably complex. There are a lot of things to do to get ready, but by starting early and planning ahead, you can make the process go smoothly.
Here are some tips on getting ready to move into your new construction home:
- Start packing early. This will give you time to evaluate what you do and do not want to keep, pack your belongings carefully, and avoid last-minute stress.
- Create a moving checklist. This will help you keep track of everything that needs to be done before, during, and after the move. Plus, being able to check off a task always feels rewarding, and moving is a great time to celebrate the little accomplishments.
- Set up utilities and connectivity. Make sure that all your utilities–electricity, gas, water, internet, and phone service–are all set up and ready to go on your move-in date.
- Take safety precautions for children and pets. Make sure that your new home is safe for your children and pets, so they can play and explore with no worries or accidents.
- Unpack your belongings slowly and carefully. Take your time and enjoy the process of getting settled into your new home. Some things you owned in your previous home may not look or feel right in your new space. Don’t be afraid to donate, sell, or dispose of items you no longer want to keep.
Here are some additional tips:
- Label your boxes clearly. This will make it easy to find what you need when you’re unpacking. Don’t just stop at what room the box goes in, make a list of each category of item that’s inside. If there’s something specific in a box you know you’ll want to access or maybe is the odd item out, adding the name of that item to the box will help you locate it easily.
- Pack a “first night” box. This should include everything you need for your first night in your new home, such as toiletries, food, bedding, and a change of clothes.
- Don’t forget the small stuff. Don’t forget to pack things like light bulbs, batteries, cleaning supplies, hand soap, toilet paper, and other essentials.
- Ask for help. If you have friends or family who are willing to help you move, don’t be afraid to ask for their assistance.
Moving into a new construction home in Orlando can be a lot of work, but it’s also an exciting time. By following these tips, you can make the process go smoothly and enjoy your new home in no time.
So, are you ready to start your new life in Orlando? Visit K. Hovnanian Homes and browse our selection of new homes in Orlando today and find the perfect home for you. With a wide variety of styles and floor plans to choose from, we’re sure you’ll find the perfect home for your needs and budget. And with our convenient location and amenities, you’ll be able to enjoy all that Orlando has to offer.
K. Hovnanian American Mortgage, L.L.C. 3601 Quantum Boulevard, Boynton Beach, FL 33426. NMLS #3259 (www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org). Licensed by Florida Office of Financial Regulation. Equal Housing Opportunity.
Last Updated on December 19, 2023