Craving sunshine, palm trees, and endless possibilities? Dive into the world of New Construction Homes in Southern California! Imagine yourself soaking up the rays on a pristine beach, conquering a rugged mountain trail, or devouring tacos so good they’ll make you weep. Whether you’re a first-time homebuyer, city slicker seeking adventure, or simply dreaming of a life infused with energy or tranquility, SoCal has the perfect community to match your desires.
New Homes in Southern California offer a variety of modern perks – imagine sleek, modern designs boasting top-notch energy efficiency, low-maintenance exteriors, and the peace of mind that comes with builder-backed warranties and with its golden beaches, year-round sunshine, central location, strong economy, and top-rated schools, SoCal shines as a great place to buy a new home.
Ready to explore? Stay tuned for our next section, where we’ll delve deeper into the exciting world of New Construction Homes in Southern California and equip you with the knowledge to find your perfect match! So, buckle up and get ready to unlock the door to your California dream – because in SoCal, the possibilities are as endless as the sunshine.
7 Steps to Buying a New Construction Home in Southern California
- Step 1: Decide Where in Southern California You’d Like to Live
- Step 2: Choose The Type of New Home You Want to Live in
- Step 3: Choose Which Type of Community is Right For You
- Step 4: Consider Whether to Build Your New Home or Move in Now
- Step 5: Find the Right Southern California Home Builder
- Step 6: Prepare Your Finances And Finalize Your Mortgage
- Step 7: Get Ready For Your New Home in Southern California
Step 1: Decide Where in Southern California You’d Like to Live
California sunshine, endless beaches, and vibrant cities – Southern California paints a picture of endless possibilities. Nestled within this dynamic landscape lies a diverse tapestry of new construction housing options, waiting to welcome you home.
Whether you envision raising a family in a spacious single-family haven, enjoying the convenience of a modern townhome, or embracing the urban energy of a sleek condo, Southern California’s new construction home market has the perfect canvas for your dream home. And the best part? The cost of living here is surprisingly diverse, with charming beach towns and bustling metropolises catering to every budget.
Advantages of New Homes in Southern California
Beyond its breathtaking beauty and iconic landmarks, Southern California offers a multitude of advantages for new construction homeowners:
- Thriving Economy: A powerhouse of innovation and industry, Southern California boasts a booming economy fueled by tech giants, aerospace companies, and a flourishing entertainment scene. This translates to ample job opportunities, consistent growth, and a promising future for your investment.
- Unparalleled Climate: Bask in year-round sunshine, enjoy endless outdoor activities, and embrace a healthy lifestyle made possible by Southern California’s warm Mediterranean climate.
- Educational Excellence: From renowned universities like UCLA and USC to top-rated public schools, Southern California provides exceptional educational opportunities for families with children of all ages.
- Cultural Tapestry: Immerse yourself in a vibrant blend of cultures and traditions, with diverse communities offering unique experiences, cuisines, and artistic expressions.
- Outdoor Paradise: From the majestic peaks of the San Gabriel Mountains to the pristine beaches of the Pacific Coast, Southern California’s natural beauty provides endless opportunities for exploration and adventure.
Finding Your Perfect Fit: Navigating Southern California’s Diverse Communities:
With a kaleidoscope of cities and neighborhoods, each pulsating with its own distinct charm, exploring Southern California’s new construction landscape can be both exciting and overwhelming. To guide your search and discover the ideal community for your needs, consider these key factors:
- Lifestyle: Do you crave the energy of a bustling downtown, the serenity of a coastal retreat, or the convenience of a suburban oasis? Aligning your desired lifestyle with the character of the neighborhood is crucial for long-term happiness.
- Commute: Prioritize your desired commute time to work, school, or leisure destinations. Southern California’s well-developed transportation infrastructure, including freeways and light rail systems, facilitates convenient commutes across the region.
- Budget: New construction homes in Southern California cater to a range of budgets, from starter-friendly options to luxurious estates. Define your budget early on to ensure a focused search and avoid exceeding your financial comfort zone.
- Family Needs: Top-rated schools, parks, and family-friendly amenities are crucial considerations for families with children. Research these aspects within your shortlisted neighborhoods to ensure your family’s well-being.
From Vibrant Cities to Peaceful Valleys: A Home for Every Dream:
Southern California’s diverse new construction communities cater to various lifestyles, offering unique advantages for families, young professionals, and retirees alike:
- For Families: Embrace the family-oriented atmosphere of Bakersfield, the educational opportunities of Tehachapi, or the outdoor adventures awaiting in Lancaster.
- For Young Professionals: Thrive in the growing tech scene of Bakersfield, enjoy the entrepreneurial spirit of Indio, or experience the close-knit community of Fowler.
- For Retirees: Discover the peaceful serenity of Tehachapi’s mountain vistas, immerse yourself in the vibrant arts scene of Indio, or savor the slower pace of life in Fowler.
No matter your dream, Southern California’s new construction market has the perfect community to call your own. So, start exploring and unlock the door to endless possibilities.
Ready to make your SoCal dream a reality? Start your new life in Southern California today! Browse our selection of New Homes for Sale in Southern California and discover your dream home amidst the Golden State’s sunshine and endless allure!
Let’s explore some of the popular cities and towns where you can find your dream new construction home!
Bask in the golden glow of California sunshine amidst the fertile San Joaquin Valley, where Bakersfield pulsates with a captivating blend of artistic energy and small-town warmth. As the heart of Kern County, it’s a canvas painted with vibrant murals, youthful energy, a thriving arts scene, and a rich agricultural heritage.
Bakersfield’s welcoming atmosphere is evident in its friendly locals, lively street festivals, and deep connection to its agricultural roots. Stroll through the historic district, lined with art deco buildings and Western storefronts, and immerse yourself in the town’s rich heritage. Savor the flavors of the Central Valley at local restaurants, where farm-to-table cuisine and mouthwatering barbecue are served with a touch of Western hospitality.
You won’t have a hard time finding a place to eat since Bakersfield has the largest population of Basque restaurants in the U.S. Basque is a diverse and delicious cuisine option which reflects upon the history of the Basque Country, a region spanning parts of Spain and France. Expect dishes with local ingredients, meats, fish grilled over hot coals, lamb, beans, cheese, and more.
Watch the Bakersfield Blaze® team play at Sam Lynn Ballpark, enjoy a concert, foreign film viewing, or live entertainment at the historical Majestic Fox Theater, or lose track of time at an array of local museums – including Bakersfield’s Kern County Museum®, the 14-acre California Area Living Museum®, and the Buena Vista Museum of Natural History
What Makes Bakersfield California a Good Place to Live:
- Strong sense of community: Bakersfield residents are known for their friendly demeanor and strong sense of community. The town hosts a number of community events throughout the year, such as the annual Kern County Fair and the Beale Street Blast.
- Family-Friendly Fun: From thrilling rides at Six Flags Magic Mountain to educational exhibits at the Kern County Museum, Bakersfield keeps families entertained for days. Splash around at the Rosedale Waterpark, catch a game at the Bakersfield Condors hockey arena, or let loose at the vibrant Beale Street Kern County Fair.
- Historic charm: Bakersfield’s historic downtown is a delightful blend of art deco architecture, independent shops, and murals depicting the town’s rich history. Stroll along tree-lined streets and admire the iconic Bakersfield sign, a landmark that has welcomed visitors for over 80 years. Bakersfield is also home to a number of well-preserved historical sites, such as the Kern County Museum and the Buck Owens Crystal Palace.
- Outdoor activities: Bakersfield’s natural beauty offers endless opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts. Hike or bike through the rolling hills of the Tehachapi Mountains, explore the lush Kern River Valley, or go fishing in the nearby lakes and rivers. Bakersfield is also home to a number of world-class golf courses, including the Bakersfield Country Club and the Buena Vista Golf Course.
- Vibrant arts scene: Immerse yourself in Bakersfield’s vibrant arts scene. Visit the Bakersfield Museum of Art, catch a performance at the Bakersfield Symphony Orchestra, or explore the unique artistry of local galleries. Bakersfield is also home to a thriving theater scene, with productions ranging from Broadway classics to contemporary plays.
- Culinary delights: Savor the flavors of Central Valley cuisine at Bakersfield’s diverse array of restaurants. Indulge in fresh, seasonal produce, try traditional Basque dishes, or experience the bold flavors of Mexican cuisine. Bakersfield is also home to a number of craft breweries and wineries, offering a variety of locally-made beverages to enjoy.
- Affordable cost of living: Compared to other cities in California, Bakersfield has a relatively low cost of living, making it an attractive option for young families and retirees.
- Convenient location: Located at the crossroads of Highways 99 and 58, Bakersfield is within easy reach of major cities like Fresno, Los Angeles, and San Francisco. The Bakersfield Airport also offers convenient connections to destinations throughout the country.
In addition to these highlights, Bakersfield offers a host of other amenities, including excellent healthcare facilities, good schools, modern shopping centers, and a variety of businesses and industries. Whether you’re seeking a vibrant city with a rich history, a place to enjoy the great outdoors, or an affordable place to call home, Bakersfield has something to offer everyone.
Interested in moving to Bakersfield? Come see our full selection of new construction homes in Bakersfield or contact us today to learn more about new K. Hovnanian homes for sale in Bakersfield, CA.
Located in the Coachella Valley, Indio, California, shimmers like a mirage of vibrant life against the golden sands. This charming desert town exudes a captivating blend of laid-back charm, modern convenience, and endless outdoor adventures, making it a magnet for those seeking a unique and fulfilling lifestyle.
Indio’s welcoming spirit thrives in its friendly locals, lively street festivals, and deep appreciation for its rich cultural heritage. Stroll through the historic “Oasis District,” where art deco buildings and vibrant murals whisper tales of the town’s vibrant past. Savor the flavors of the Coachella Valley at local restaurants, where farm-fresh ingredients and mouthwatering dishes are infused with a touch of desert flair.
What Makes Indio California a Good Place to Live:
- Festival Oasis: Immerse yourself in the exhilarating world of Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, Stagecoach Country Music Festival, and a vibrant calendar of cultural events that keep the city pulsating with energy.
- Strong Community: Indio residents are known for their friendly demeanor and strong sense of community. The town hosts a number of community events throughout the year, fostering a sense of belonging and offering endless opportunities to connect with like-minded individuals.
- Desert Majesty: Hike amidst the otherworldly landscapes of Joshua Tree National Park and the Santa Rosa Mountains, where ancient rock formations stand guard and silence whispers wisdom.
- Family-Friendly Fun & Top-Rated Education: From the thrills of the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival to the educational exhibits at the Coachella Valley History Museum and the Indio Hills Palms State Park, Indio keeps families entertained for days. Top-rated schools and abundant parks make it a haven for raising happy kids.
- Foodie Paradise: Craving fresh desert flavors or international spices? Indio’s culinary scene tantalizes taste buds with diverse flavors. Savor farm-to-table delights at local cafes, indulge in authentic Mexican cuisine, or embark on a global culinary adventure at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival food stalls.
- Affordable Charm: Enjoy a comfortable desert lifestyle without breaking the bank. Indio boasts a lower cost of living than many other California cities, offering spacious homes, diverse shopping experiences, and family-friendly fun within reach.
- Golden State Gateway: Indio sits at the crossroads of major highways, connecting you to the vibrant energy of Los Angeles and the coastal allure of San Diego. Palm Springs International Airport offers convenient travel options, while Amtrak provides access to other parts of the country.
Beyond these highlights, Indio offers a wealth of amenities, including: excellent healthcare facilities modern shopping centers, a variety of businesses and industries, and a Thriving educational system.
Whether you’re seeking a vibrant city with a touch of desert magic, a place to embrace the great outdoors, or an affordable and welcoming community to call home, Indio, California, might just be your perfect oasis.
Interested in moving to Indio, CA? Come see our full selection of new construction homes in Indio or contact us today to learn more about new K. Hovnanian homes for sale in Indio, CA.
Sun-kissed plains stretching beneath a boundless sky, where the Antelope Valley paints a canvas of adventure and opportunity – this is Lancaster California. This vibrant city, sitting at the foothills of the Tehachapi Mountains, offers a captivating blend of rugged charm, modern convenience, and boundless possibilities, beckoning those who seek a life less ordinary.
Lancaster’s welcoming spirit shines through its friendly locals, lively events, and deep connection to its aerospace heritage. Stroll through the revitalized BLVD Cultural District, where art galleries and museums showcase the town’s creative pulse. Immerse yourself in the legacy of the Edwards Air Force Base, where history whispers tales of daring flights and technological triumphs. Savor the flavors of the Antelope Valley at local restaurants, where farm-fresh ingredients and diverse cuisines tantalize every palate.
What Makes Lancaster California a Good Place to Live:
- Starry Night Marvels: Escape the city lights and witness the Milky Way blaze across the inky canvas of the Mojave Desert. Explore the Antelope Valley California Poppy Reserve, where a vibrant sea of orange flowers blooms in spring, or join a stargazing tour at the world-renowned Mount Wilson Observatory.
- Outdoor Adventures: Lace up your hiking boots and traverse the rugged trails of the Tehachapi Mountains, or cycle through the Antelope Valley’s vast expanse. Kayak on the tranquil waters of Lake Los Angeles, or tee off at one of the valley’s championship golf courses.
- Thriving Arts Scene: Immerse yourself in the vibrant arts scene. Visit the Lancaster Museum of Art and History, where exhibits unveil the Antelope Valley’s rich cultural tapestry. Catch a captivating performance at the Lancaster Performing Arts Center, a jewel of desert architecture. Explore the unique artistry of local galleries, or lose yourself in the annual Lancaster Music & Arts Festival, a celebration of creativity under the desert sun.
- Space Exploration Playground: Lancaster is home to Edwards Air Force Base, the birthplace of the American space program. Witness the roar of rockets taking flight, and explore the fascinating world of aerospace at the Antelope Valley Discovery Museum.
- Affordable Living: Compared to other California cities, Lancaster boasts a significantly lower cost of living, making it an attractive option for young families, retirees, and budget-conscious adventurers.
- Strong Community: Lancaster residents are known for their friendly demeanor and strong sense of community. The city hosts a number of community events throughout the year, fostering a sense of belonging and offering endless opportunities to connect with like-minded individuals.
- Strong Educational System: Lancaster boasts a strong public school system, including the highly-rated Antelope Valley College and California State University, Antelope Valley. The city also offers a variety of private schools and educational programs, ensuring that students of all ages have access to quality education.
- Strategic Location: Located at the crossroads of major highways, Lancaster offers easy access to nearby cities like Los Angeles, San Diego, and Las Vegas. The Mojave Air & Space Port makes it a convenient gateway to destinations throughout the country and beyond.
So, if you’re seeking a city where the stars shine brighter, where adventure whispers in the wind, and where affordability meets vibrant opportunity, set your sights on Lancaster, California. Let the desert’s magic paint your life with a palette of wonder, and discover your own stellar escape in this hidden gem of the Mojave.
Interested in moving to Lancaster, CA? Come see our full selection of new construction homes in Lancaster or contact us today to learn more.
Sun-drenched vineyards and rolling orchards paint the backdrop for Fowler, California, a charming agricultural town nestled in the heart of the fertile San Joaquin Valley. This community exudes a warm, welcoming spirit, blending small-town charm with modern convenience and a deep connection to its rich agricultural heritage. Whether you’re seeking a vibrant family-friendly haven, a tranquil escape, or a taste of rural life, Fowler might just be your perfect California dream.
Fowler’s welcoming atmosphere is evident in its friendly locals, lively community events, and genuine sense of belonging. Stroll down Main Street, lined with historic storefronts and colorful murals, and immerse yourself in the town’s rich history. Savor the flavors of the Central Valley at local restaurants, where farm-fresh produce and mouthwatering dishes are served with a touch of down-home hospitality.
What Makes Fowler California a Good Place to Live:
- Strong Sense of Community: Fowler residents are known for their friendly demeanor and strong sense of community. The town hosts a number of community events throughout the year, from the annual Fall Festival to farmer’s markets and hometown parades, fostering a sense of belonging and connection.
- Family-Friendly Focus: Fowler boasts excellent public schools and a variety of parks and recreation facilities, making it an ideal place to raise a family. From splash pads and playgrounds to sports leagues and youth programs, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
- Top-Rated Schools: Fowler boasts a strong educational system with highly-rated public schools, providing families with a nurturing and academically stimulating environment for their children.
- Affordable Living: Compared to other California cities, Fowler offers a relatively low cost of living, making it an attractive option for young families, retirees, and budget-conscious adventurers.
- Historic Charm: Immerse yourself in Fowler’s rich agricultural past. Visit the Fowler Museum and Heritage Center to learn about the town’s founding families and early settlers, or explore the historic Fowler Depot, a reminder of the town’s connection to the transcontinental railroad.
- Outdoor Paradise: Hike or bike through the surrounding vineyards and orchards, or cast a line in the tranquil waters of the Kings River. Fowler’s proximity to the Sierra Nevada Mountains and Yosemite National Park offers endless opportunities for outdoor adventures.
- Thriving Arts Scene: Discover Fowler’s vibrant arts scene. Explore local galleries showcasing the work of talented artists, catch a performance at the Fowler Theatre, or attend one of the town’s many art and music festivals.
- Culinary Delights: From farm-to-table cuisine featuring seasonal produce to mouthwatering barbecue and international flavors, Fowler’s diverse culinary scene tantalizes every palate. Enjoy a casual meal at a local diner, savor fine dining at a winery restaurant, or explore the town’s growing craft brewery scene.
- Convenient Location: Located just minutes from Fresno and within easy reach of major highways, Fowler offers convenient access to the amenities and attractions of the larger city while retaining its own unique charm.
Whether you’re seeking a slower pace of life, a close-knit community, or a connection to the land, Fowler has something to offer everyone. Come discover the captivating charm of this agricultural haven, and let the fertile fields and friendly faces paint your life with a vibrant palette of rural serenity and community spirit.
Interested in moving to Fowler, CA? Come see our full selection of new construction homes in Fowler or contact us today to learn more about new K. Hovnanian homes for sale in Fowler, CA.
Perched amidst the rugged embrace of the Tehachapi Mountains, Tehachapi, California, shimmers like a sun-kissed beacon between the San Joaquin Valley and the Mojave Desert. This vibrant mountain town exudes a captivating blend of rugged charm, modern convenience, and boundless outdoor adventure, offering a haven for those seeking a life as diverse as the landscape itself.
Tehachapi’s welcoming spirit thrives in its friendly locals, lively festivals, and deep appreciation for its rich history. Stroll through the historic downtown, where Victorian-era buildings whisper tales of railroad pioneers and gold rush dreams. Savor the flavors of California’s bounty at local restaurants, where farm-to-table cuisine and mouthwatering dishes are infused with a touch of mountain air and Western hospitality.
What Makes Tehachapi California a Good Place to Live:
- Mountain Majesty: Hike or bike through the breathtaking Tehachapi Mountains, where towering peaks and sprawling valleys paint the landscape with a palette of emerald and gold. Explore the Tehachapi Loop, a marvel of engineering where trains snake their way through a spiral loop, or watch the sun paint the sky ablaze from atop Bear Mountain Summit.
- Four-Season Playground: Embrace all four seasons in Tehachapi’s diverse climate. Enjoy warm summer days perfect for swimming and picnicking, crisp autumn air ideal for hiking and leaf-peeping, cozy winter nights gathered by crackling fireplaces, and the gentle promise of spring blossoming across meadows and orchards.
- Thriving Arts Scene: Immerse yourself in Tehachapi’s vibrant arts scene. Visit the Tehachapi Museum, where exhibits delve into the town’s rich history, or catch a captivating performance at the Tehachapi Community Theatre. Explore the unique artistry of local galleries, or lose yourself in the mesmerizing melodies of live music at downtown cafes and pubs.
- Foodie Delights: From farm-fresh California cuisine and delectable barbecue to international flavors and handcrafted brews, Tehachapi’s diverse culinary scene tantalizes every palate. Indulge in seasonal harvests from nearby farms, savor a juicy steak cooked to perfection, or sip a locally-brewed craft beer while enjoying the mountain views.
- Affordable Living: Compared to other California cities, Tehachapi boasts a relatively lower cost of living, making it an attractive option for young families, retirees, and budget-conscious adventurers.
- Strong Community: Tehachapi residents are known for their friendly demeanor and strong sense of community. The town hosts a number of community events throughout the year, fostering a sense of belonging and offering endless opportunities to connect with like-minded individuals.
- Strategic Location: Nestled along Highway 58, Tehachapi offers easy access to nearby cities like Bakersfield and Los Angeles, while maintaining its unique mountain town atmosphere.
- Top-Rated Schools: Tehachapi boasts a strong educational system with highly-rated public schools, providing families with a nurturing and academically stimulating environment for their children.
- Family-Friendly Focus: Tehachapi offers a safe and welcoming environment for families to raise their children. Numerous parks, playgrounds, and community events provide ample opportunities for kids to play, learn, and explore the outdoors.
Whether you’re seeking an escape to the mountains, a vibrant community with a touch of Western charm, or a place to embrace California’s diverse landscapes and seasons, Tehachapi has something to offer everyone. Come discover the captivating magic of this mountain haven, and let the rugged peaks and friendly faces paint your life with a vibrant palette of adventure, serenity, and California soul.
Interested in moving to Tehachapi, CA? Come see our full collection of new construction homes in Tehachapi or contact a Sales Consultant today to learn more about new K. Hovnanian homes for sale in Tehachapi, CA.
Step 2: Choose The Type of New Home You Want to Live in
A single-family home is, as you may have concluded, a home meant for one family. This is a great choice if you value privacy and space – whether that means more bedrooms, a backyard, or room to stretch.
While you may still have neighbors, you won’t share a wall, and you’ll have some private outdoor space.
Note that single-family homes can cost more compared to alternatives, but it can be a great investment!
Townhomes & Condos
When you live in a townhouse, you share one or more walls with neighbors. You may have access to amenities like a backyard, deck, garage, or pool.
A condo is a residential unit in a building. You may have neighbors next to, above, and/or below you. Some differences between townhomes and condos include privacy, HOA fees, rules, and amenities.
Multi-Generational / Extra Suites
Multi-generational living is popular for parents who move in with their adult children, adult children who move back home with their parents, living space for an au pair, and more.
An Extra Suite is an additional investment that can help enhance your lifestyle to spend more quality time with your loved ones comfortably. It’s a special way to design your space for more personalization.
Step 3: Choose Which Type of Community is Right For You
A community is made of people, but the people also make a community, so choose to live in one that bests suits your lifestyle, and you’ll most likely end up meeting neighbors who share similar interests.
Types of Southern California New Construction Home Communities
Active 55+ Community: Indulge in a resort-like community for those who are 55 years of age and up. You’ll have so much fun with minimal maintenance and a tons of activities and transportation services available.
Family-friendly neighborhoods: With great school districts and low crime rates, access to playgrounds, parks, and pools, your kids and grandkids will love it in SoCal.
Gated Community: Get a sense of safety with the added security of a gated community. You’ll be surrounded by residents and may feel more at ease with letting your kids play with the neighbors.
Golf communities: Get to know your neighbors who love the game as much as you do over a round on a private course.
Master-planned communities: These spaces are idyllic and designed with homeowners in mind, offering a variety of amenities. Enjoy summers by the pool, plenty of green spaces for furry friends, shopping, dining, and more.
Mountain communities: The fresh air and outdoor activities are calling! Surround yourself in a natural setting with loved ones and meet new neighbors along the way to go on adventures.
Quiet communities: Looking for privacy and tranquility? Feel at ease coming home to a quiet community after a long day.
Waterfront communities: Residents can enjoy endless amounts of water activities from boating to fishing and swimming in a relaxing atmosphere close to home.
HOA or No NOA
Think of an HOA (Homeowners Association) as a mini government formed in a community. HOA members are typically community members interested in regulating and maintaining their neighborhood.
HOAs have pros and cons, so consider your priorities. While some homeowners dislike any regulations on things like exterior decorating, others enjoy the high levels of maintenance, as well as amenities, neighborhood events, high property values, and conflict resolution.
Step 4: Consider Whether to Build Your New Home or Move in Now
Timing is everything for whether you want to move into your new home immediately, or whether you’d prefer to take your time. Consider the different types of new homes you can choose from before you begin house hunting to ensure you’re looking for something that best suits your timeline.
To-be-built homes are new construction homes purchased prior to being built. This is a popular option for homeowners who want to have a say in the planning and designing phase since it allows for more personalization. After your purchase, your home builder will help you choose personalized options like floors, countertops, fixtures, and more.
Move-In Ready Homes
If you’re all packed and ready to go, a move-in ready home may be the choice for you! These homes are already completed, so you won’t have to worry about spending the time to choose your interior features. It’s like when you visit a model home, and everything’s already set up as if you could move in that day. Great for if you have a tight moving schedule!
Spec or Quick Move-In Homes
If you want to be part of the design and décor part of your new home but don’t wish to wait too long for it to be built from the ground up, a spec or Quick Move-In home may be your best bet. This is for a new home that’s almost completed, but there’s time for you to personalize it before it’s fully completed to better suit your style.
Step 5: Find the Right Southern California Home Builder
Here are some steps to take to ensure you find the right Southern California home builders for you:
Schedule an Appointment or Tour a Model Home — While you can view images and videos on a Southern California home builder’s website, there’s nothing like seeing a home in person to truly picture yourself living in a similar space. Start your search online, then go visit in person.
Discuss Exterior & Interior Design Options — Your new home’s exterior and interior designs are what make it so special and unique to you and your family. Be sure you’re aware of how much personalization you’ll have based on the type of home you choose and your home builder’s offerings on flooring, tiles, cabinets and more.
At K. Hovnanian Homes, we’re proud to offer our innovative “Looks” interior design collections (available at select communities), making great design easy, user-friendly, and transparent. In a simple, streamlined process, we walk you through cohesive aesthetic design styles, such as Farmhouse and Loft style, while leaving plenty of options to personalize your home.
Check Home Builder Incentives, Lending Options & Special Offers — It never hurts to see what your home builder offers in terms of discounts, financing, and promotions. Some home builders in Southern California may be willing to offer incentives to make homeownership a reality for you.
Finding the right home builder in Southern California is important to ensure you have a great buying experience. At K. Hovnanian Homes, our experts are committed to helping you on your home buying journey from start to finish.
Step 6: Prepare Your Finances And Finalize Your Mortgage
Buying a home can be one of the biggest purchases you make, so understanding how your mortgage works is important.
Here are 5 steps on how to prep your finances and finalize your mortgage:
- Get pre-approved for a mortgage. This will give you a better idea of how much you can afford to borrow and will make your offer more attractive to sellers.
- Save for a down payment. The larger your down payment is, the lower your monthly bill will be.
- Check your credit score. Your credit score is going to affect the interest rate you’re offered for your mortgage.
- Shop around for a mortgage lender. You’ll want to compare interest rates and fees from different lenders before you make your final decision. Be sure to check for any special offers from your home builder, too!
- Read the closing disclosure carefully. This is a document that outlines all your mortgage terms, which is important to understand prior to your signing.
After you’ve finalized your mortgage lender and agreed to the terms, then you’ll finalize the whole process.
Here are 3 things to keep in mind when you finalize your new home purchase:
- Closing costs. On top of your monthly mortgage payment, you’ll be required to pay closing costs. The costs can vary, but typically range from 2%-5% of your home’s purchase price.
- Escrow account. An escrow account is a separate account that holds money for your property taxes and homeowners’ insurance. The lender collects money from you monthly and deposits it into the escrow account.
- Title insurance. The title insurance protects you in case there are any problems with the property title.
While the process may seem overwhelming at first, when buying a K. Hovnanian home, we offer multiple free resources to avoid common stumbling blocks and help you sail through the process. Our in-house mortgage company, K. Hovnanian® American Mortgage, L.L.C.™(KHAM), also offers a variety of loan programs to work with your budget and needs. Reach out to a KHAM representative today to learn more.
Step 7: Get Ready For Your New Home in Southern California
Congrats on getting through our first 6 steps of buying a new home in Southern California!
We understand the full moving process — from decluttering, packing, planning, furniture, and design choices to your actual move-in day — is undeniably complex.
Getting ready to move into your new home can be both exciting and stressful at the same time. If you start planning now since there are so many things to do, you can make this process go smoothly.
Here are 9 tips on how to get ready to move into your new construction home:
- Pack early. If you start packing early, you’ll avoid last-minute stress.
- Start a moving checklist. This helps you visually keep track of everything that needs to be completed before, during, and after your move. Plus, checking off those items can make you feel extra accomplished when you’re stressed.
- Set up utilities and connectivity. Ensure your electric, gas, water, internet, and phone services are all set up and ready to go for your move-in date so you can relax in your new space properly.
- Take safety precautions for children and pets. Ensure your new home is safe for children and pets to play and explore upon moving in.
- Unpack our belongings slowly and carefully. Take your time to enjoy the unpacking process while you get settled into your new home.
- Label your boxes. There’s nothing more frustrating than wondering where you packed one specific item that you need ASAP after moving, but not knowing where it’s located. Save yourself that headache and label your boxes very clearly from the start. Don’t just go with “office items” either! Get specific like, “office supplies: markers, tax forms, books…”
- Pack a “first night” box. This should include all the items you anticipate you and your family will need to spend the first night in your new home. Think of toothbrushes, toilet paper, any medication, pajamas, or sheets.
- Don’t forget the small stuff. Small essentials that can be easily forgotten may include batteries, light bulbs, and cleaning supplies.
- Ask for help. It’s always a good idea to ask for help. Lean on your family and friends who have an extra hand to help you pack, move, or unpack.
Moving into a new construction home in Southern California can be a lot of work, but it’s an exciting time. By following our tips, you can make this experience more enjoyable.
So, are you ready to start your new life in Southern California? Visit K. Hovnanian Homes and browse our selection of new construction homes in Southern California today and find the perfect home for you. With a wide variety of styles and floor plans to choose from, we’re sure you’ll find the perfect home for your needs and budget. And with our convenient location and amenities, you’ll be able to enjoy all that Southern California has to offer.
K. Hovnanian American Mortgage, L.L.C. 3601 Quantum Boulevard, Boynton Beach, FL 33426. NMLS #3259 (www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org). Licensed by California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation under the California Residential Mortgage Lending Act. Lic. DRE#4130532.
Last Updated on January 30, 2024