Considering new construction homes in Ohio? With its lower cost of living compared to other states, wide variety of job opportunities, and excellent education options, we can see why Ohio’s on your list.
You’ll have large cities to explore and plenty of outdoor recreation—and you’re in luck due to their affordable housing market, whether you’re looking to start a family or settle down in a forever home.
New homes in Ohio blossom with advantages like top-notch energy efficiency, low-maintenance ease, and builder-backed warranties. Beyond the brick-and-mortar, Ohio boasts a vibrant tapestry of culture, a booming job market brimming with opportunities, a wealth of family-friendly fun, and a cost of living.
While buying a new construction home can be an exciting and rewarding experience, it can also be quite daunting – but with the right knowledge and a little preparation, you can make the home buying process far less stressful and find the perfect home for your needs.
7 Steps to Buying a New Construction Home in Ohio
- Step 1: Decide Where in Ohio You’d Like to Live
- Step 2: Choose The Type of New Home You Want to Live In
- Step 3: Choose Which Type of Community is Right for You
- Step 4: Consider Whether to Build Your New Home or Move In Now
- Step 5: Find the Right Ohio Home Builder
- Step 6: Prepare Your Finances and Finalize Your Mortgage
- Step 7: Get Ready for Your New Home in Ohio
Step 1: Decide Where in Ohio You’d Like to Live
Plant your roots in the heartland and embrace all that Ohio has to offer! From vibrant cities buzzing with energy to charming small towns where life feels like a warm hug, discover a diverse range of new construction homes nestled in communities teeming with opportunity, beauty, and affordability. Whether you crave a spacious single-family home, a chic townhouse, or a cozy condo, the Buckeye State is ready to welcome you with open arms.
In addition to its many lifestyle benefits, new homes in Ohio offer homebuyers a great number of other advantages.
What Makes Ohio a Good Place to Live:
- Affordability: Ohio boasts a lower cost of living compared to many other states, from housing and groceries to taxes and utilities. This translates to more bang for your buck, allowing you to enjoy a comfortable lifestyle without breaking the bank.
- Thriving Economy: From bustling metropolises like Columbus and Cleveland to thriving industries like manufacturing and healthcare, Ohio’s diverse economy attracts ambitious professionals across every field. Fortune 500 companies and innovative startups call the state home, ensuring a dynamic and ever-expanding job market.
- Diverse Cityscapes and Charming Towns: From the bustling energy of Cleveland and Columbus to the historic charm of Cincinnati and Toledo, Ohio’s cities offer a variety of atmospheres and cultural experiences. Each city has its own unique personality, ensuring you find a place that resonates with you.
- Four-Season Playground: Escape the ordinary and embrace the extraordinary! Ohio’s diverse landscape offers something for everyone – from the serene shores of Lake Erie and the rolling hills of Hocking Hills State Park to the urban energy of its bustling cities. Hike through nature trails, kayak on glassy waters, or catch a thrilling roller coaster ride – the possibilities are endless.
- Educational Excellence: Ohio boasts a robust network of award-winning public schools and prestigious universities, empowering the next generation with top-tier education. This makes it ideal for families or those planning for the future, providing a strong foundation for learning and growth.
- Heartland Hospitality: Ohioans are renowned for their friendly spirit and genuine warmth. This sense of community is woven into the fabric of every town, creating a welcoming atmosphere where neighbors become friends and everyone feels at ease.
- Sports Fanatic’s Paradise: Ohio is a haven for sports enthusiasts. Cheer on the Cleveland Browns or Cincinnati Bengals in the NFL, watch the Cincinnati Reds swing for the fences in MLB, or catch a Columbus Blue Jackets hockey game. The passion for sports runs deep in Ohio, making it a truly exciting place to live.
- Rich History and Culture: Ohio’s history is woven into its fabric, from the Wright Brothers’ first flight to the vibrant arts scene in its cities. Explore historical sites, museums, and cultural events to discover the stories that shaped the Buckeye State.
Which city or neighborhood is right for you?
Ohio is made up of a variety of cities and neighborhoods, each with its own unique charm. This means that you can find the perfect community to fit your needs, whether you crave the buzz of a bustling city or the quietude of rolling farmland, Ohio has a perfect place for you to call home.
To find the best fit for your needs, start by narrowing down your choices based on the factors that are most important to you.
To find your ideal fit, start by tuning in to your priorities:
- Commute: Factor in your desired travel time to work, school, or loved ones. Some Ohio cities are more centrally located, offering easier access to various points.
- Budget: New construction homes vary in price across the state, influenced by the neighborhood, size, and features. Set a realistic budget to avoid straining your finances.
- School Systems: If your heartstrings sing for top-notch education, research the quality of schools in your chosen neighborhoods.
- Lifestyle: Picture your ideal scene: a walkable, vibrant hub with cafes and shops, or a serene, spacious suburb? Align your lifestyle preferences with your neighborhood search.
From vibrant college towns to peaceful suburbs, Ohio offers a diverse tapestry of communities for every lifestyle. Families seeking a safe haven with top-notch schools might find their perfect fit in Green, where sprawling parks and friendly neighbors make raising kids a joy. Young professionals drawn to a bustling scene may be charmed by Akron’s revitalized downtown, brimming with breweries and art galleries, while commuters seeking a balance between city and countryside can thrive in Perry Village, with its quaint shops and easy access to major highways. For retirees yearning for an active lifestyle, Jackson Township offers miles of scenic trails and a vibrant senior center, while Olmstead Falls provides a peaceful retreat with breathtaking waterfalls and a relaxed, small-town atmosphere.
But whether you crave the energy of a college campus like Bowling Green or the quiet charm of Elyria’s historic downtown, Ohio has a community waiting to embrace you. With its variety of new construction homes and distinct personalities, the Buckeye State promises that perfect fit you’ve been searching for.
Can’t wait? Start your new life in Ohio today! Browse our selection of new homes in Ohio and find the perfect place to start your new adventure.
If you want to narrow things down first, here are a few of the top places to live in Ohio:
Akron and Canton
Akron and Canton, Ohio, may be joined at the hip, but their personalities are worlds apart.
Akron vibrates with urban energy, its historic streets boasting a thriving arts scene, diverse restaurants, and the iconic Akron Rubber Ducks baseball team. Families love the excellent public schools and access to the Cuyahoga Valley National Park, a hiker’s paradise.
Just a stone’s throw away, Canton offers a slower and more relaxed pace, showcasing its architectural gems in the historic downtown and drawing football fans to the legendary Pro Football Hall of Fame. Yet, both cities share a welcoming spirit, a strong sense of community, and a surprisingly affordable cost of living.
Compared to bigger cities, the cost of living here is refreshingly manageable, whether you’re looking for a charming downtown loft or a spacious suburban home. And that affordability translates to a thriving job market, with major healthcare, manufacturing, and technology companies offering diverse career paths.
What makes Akron and Canton OH a Good Place to Live:
- Affordable Charm: Akron/Canton boasts a lower cost of living compared to national averages, making homeownership a dream within reach. From cozy bungalows to stately Victorians, diverse housing options cater to every taste and budget.
- Thriving Economy: Akron’s industrial legacy meets Canton’s entrepreneurial spirit, creating a dynamic job market. Healthcare, manufacturing, and technology are just some of the booming sectors, offering career opportunities for every skillset.
- Top-Rated Education: Families can choose from excellent public and private schools, including the award-winning Glen Oak High School and the University of Akron. Colleges and universities like Kent State and Mount Union offer a plethora of higher education options.
- Outdoor Oasis: Nature lovers rejoice! Hike the scenic Towpath Trail, kayak the Brandywine Creek, or tee off at one of the many championship golf courses. The Cuyahoga Valley National Park is your backyard, offering endless opportunities for exploration.
- Urban Excitement: Akron’s vibrant arts scene thrives with museums like the Akron Art Museum and the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton. Craft breweries, trendy restaurants, and lively nightlife pulsate with energy.
- Family-Friendly Fun: From the iconic Akron Zoo to the Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens, family adventures abound. Catch a baseball game with the Akron RubberDucks or cheer on the Canton Charge basketball team.
- Convenient Connections: The Akron-Canton Airport puts the world at your fingertips. Major highways connect you to nearby cities like Cleveland and Columbus, making day trips and weekend getaways a breeze.
- Strong Community Spirit: Akron/Canton residents are known for their welcoming nature and friendly smiles. Community events like the Canton Arts Fest and the Akron RubberDucks fireworks bring everyone together.
Whether you’re a young professional seeking an exciting scene or a family yearning for a peaceful retreat, Akron and Canton offer a perfect blend of urban convenience and natural beauty. So, if you’re looking for a place where affordability meets opportunity, and where friendly faces greet you around every corner, Akron/Canton might just be your perfect home.
Come discover the magic for yourself and find your new hometown nestled in the heart of Ohio.
Thinking about making the move to Akron/Canton? See our full selection of new construction homes in Akron/Canton. Better yet, contact us today about our new K. Hovnanian homes in Akron/Canton, OH.
Bowling Green, Ohio, located amidst the fertile plains of Wood County, offers a captivating blend of collegiate energy and small-town charm. As the vibrant home of Bowling Green State University, the city is filled with youthful enthusiasm, sporting events, and a dynamic arts scene. Take a stroll down bustling Main Street, adorned with historic 19th-century buildings, and soak in the infectious vibe of Falcon pride emanating from every corner.
Yet, Bowling Green transcends the typical college town persona. Beyond the academic fervor lies a treasure trove of family-friendly delights. Explore the serene grounds of the Wood County Park District, where nature trails wind through lush greenery and playgrounds entertain little ones. Immerse yourselves in local history at the Wood County Historical Society Museum, or catch a heartwarming performance at the Black Swamp Players community theatre. For outdoor enthusiasts, the nearby Maumee River beckon with kayaking adventures and tranquil fishing spots.
Whether you’re a young couple seeking a vibrant community, a family yearning for a safe and enriching environment, or a retiree desiring a peaceful haven with convenient access to cultural riches, Bowling Green promises a fulfilling and balanced life. Come discover the magic of this spirited city, where the energy of tomorrow seamlessly blends with the timeless charm of yesteryear.
What Makes Bowling Green OH a Good Place to Live:
- Falcon Frenzy: Embrace the spirit of Bowling Green State University, a top-ranked institution with a thriving campus life. Catch a football game under the lights, cheer on the Falcons at any of the 18 NCAA Division I sports, or explore a diverse range of academic and cultural events.
- Hometown Heart: Bowling Green offers a warm and welcoming atmosphere, where neighbors become friends and community spirit shines through. Local festivals, parades, and farmers’ markets bring people together, creating a sense of belonging that’s hard to find elsewhere.
- Arts & Culture Aplenty: Immerse yourself in the arts scene, with world-class performances at the Wood County Historical Center and Theatre, captivating exhibits at the Bowling Green State University Art Museum, or live music at cozy cafes and pubs.
- Outdoor Oasis: Explore the scenic Maumee River, hike the trails at Simpson Park, or tee off at one of the many golf courses. Nature lovers rejoice – Bowling Green offers a haven for outdoor enthusiasts, with opportunities for recreation year-round.
- Family-Friendly Fun: From the thrilling rides at Cedar Point amusement park to the educational exhibits at the Black Swamp Nature Center, Bowling Green keeps families entertained for days. Schools are top-rated, and parks and playgrounds dot the landscape, making it a great place to raise a happy family.
- Foodie Paradise: Craving upscale restaurants or down-home comfort food? Bowling Green’s culinary scene offers something for every taste bud. Sample local brews at craft breweries, savor fresh produce at farmers’ markets, or indulge in international flavors.
- Affordable Advantage: Bowling Green boasts a lower cost of living than many other Ohio cities. Find spacious homes, diverse shopping experiences, and family-friendly fun without breaking the bank.
- Convenient Connections: Major highways are easily accessible, putting major cities like Toledo and Cleveland within reach. The Bowling Green State University Airport offers convenient flights, while Amtrak provides connections to other parts of the country.
Bowling Green OH is more than just a college town – it’s a vibrant community where you can build a fulfilling life. Embrace the Falcon spirit, explore the outdoors, and discover a supportive community waiting to welcome you.
Think about moving to Bowling Green? See our full selection of new construction homes in Bowling Green. Or contact a Sales Consultant today to get more info about our new K. Hovnanian homes in Bowling Green, OH.
Elyria, Ohio, might not be the flashiest city on the map, but beneath its unassuming façade lies a hidden gem waiting to be discovered. Located at the forks of the Black River, Elyria, Ohio, charms with a captivating blend of historic allure and modern convenience. Step back in time on Main Street, where 19th-century buildings house quaint shops and delectable eateries, or lose yourself in the Elyria Historical Society Museum, uncovering tales of the city’s rich past. This charming historic heart filled with community spirit is just the first layer of Elyria’s magic.
But Elyria isn’t all cobblestone streets and vintage postcards. Modern families thrive here, thanks to top-rated schools, sprawling parks like Elyria Nature Center, and family-friendly events like the Elyria Aquatic Center’s splash pad. For those seeking urban delights, convenient access to Cleveland and Akron unlocks cultural experiences, diverse dining, and bustling business districts. Whether you’re an adventurous spirit exploring Lake Erie’s shores or a cozy bookworm enjoying The Brickyard Coffee House’s warmth, Elyria offers a perfect fit for all lifestyles.
This harmonious blend of history, family-friendliness, and modern amenities makes Elyria an irresistible destination for those seeking a life filled with charm, possibility, and community.
What Makes Elyria OH a Good Place to Live:
- Historic Heart: Step back in time on Elyria’s charming Main Street, lined with 19th-century buildings housing quaint shops, art galleries, and delectable eateries. Discover local gems like the Elyria Historical Society Museum and the Lorain County Metro Parks Black River Reservation for a glimpse into the city’s rich heritage.
- Family-Friendly Oasis: Elyria boasts a strong sense of community, evident in its numerous parks and playgrounds. Families can splash at the Elyria Aquatic Center, explore the Elyria Nature Center, or cheer on the Elyria Pioneers baseball team. Top-rated schools like Elyria High School and Elyria Catholic High School provide excellent educational opportunities.
- Urban Convenience: Don’t be fooled by the charming facade! Elyria offers a surprising range of amenities. Major highways like I-90 and I-80 connect you to Cleveland’s vibrant cultural scene and Akron’s burgeoning economy. Shop at the Midway Mall or catch a movie at the Century Center Cinema.
- Outdoor Adventure Awaits: Hike or bike through the scenic Elyria Park, kayak on the Black River, or tee off at the Elyria Country Club. Neighboring Lake Erie promises water sports, fishing, and stunning sunsets.
- Affordable Charm: Elyria offers a lower cost of living compared to many surrounding cities, making it an attractive option for first-time homebuyers and budget-conscious families. Diverse housing options range from historic Victorians to modern townhomes and everything in between.
- Culinary Delights: Elyria’s culinary scene is anything but small-town. From classic American fare at the Elyria Hotel to authentic Italian at Mama DiSalvo’s, your taste buds will be delighted. Grab a coffee at The Brickyard Coffee House or a craft beer at The Elysian Brewing Company for a taste of local flavor.
If you’re seeking a place where affordability and opportunity collide, where charming neighborhoods and unexpected delights abound, look no further than Elyria, Ohio. Come discover why so many are falling in love with this dynamic Ohio gem.
Ready to discover your Elyria Ohio dream home? See our selection of new construction homes in Elyria. Or reach out today to get more info about K. Hovnanian homes in Elyria, OH.
Located amidst the rolling hills of Summit County, Ohio, lies Green, a picture-perfect town where tranquility meets modern convenience. With its lush green spaces, top-rated schools, and thriving community, Green offers a charming and idyllic escape from the hustle and bustle of city life.
But Green’s allure extends beyond its serene landscapes. Just a short drive away lies the vibrant city of Akron, pulsating with the energy of a thriving arts scene, bustling business district, and diverse cultural tapestry. For families, it’s a nurturing oasis with top-rated schools, friendly neighborhoods, and a strong sense of community. Outdoor enthusiasts can revel in scenic hikes, bike rides, kayaking, and teeing off at prestigious golf courses. And for those drawn to the city’s allure, Akron’s vibrant arts scene, bustling business district, and diverse cultural offerings are just a quick drive away.
In Green, you’ll discover a unique harmony where peace meets possibility. Enjoy a morning jog through tranquil meadows, then catch a matinee at the acclaimed Akron Art Museum. Savor a farm-to-table lunch at The Cabin at Arrowhead before cheering on the Akron Rubber Ducks baseball team. In Green, you’ll find a lifestyle as balanced as the seasons themselves, where tranquility fuels your spirit and urban excitement ignites your passion. Welcome to Green, where serenity paints the backdrop for a vibrant life.
What Makes Green OH a Good Place to Live:
- Nature’s Embrace: Green is a haven for nature lovers. Hike or bike through the lush trails of the Akron-Canton Metro Parks system, kayak on the scenic Tuscarawas River, or tee off at one of the city’s many golf courses. Enjoy breathtaking sunsets over rolling hills and starry skies untouched by city lights.
- Family-Friendly Community: Green fosters a strong sense of community, evident in its numerous parks, playgrounds, and family-oriented events. Kids can splash at the Green Valley Aquatic Center, explore the Green Meadows Farm Park, or cheer on the Green Bulldogs football team. Top-rated schools like Green High School and Green Middle School provide excellent education opportunities.
- Urban Convenience: Don’t be fooled by the serene setting! Green offers surprising urban convenience. Major highways like I-77 and I-76 connect you to Akron’s vibrant cultural scene and Cleveland’s bustling business center within minutes. Shop at the Summit Mall or catch a movie at the Regal Green.
- Outdoor Adventure Awaits: Green provides endless outdoor activities for all ages and interests. Go fishing in the Tuscarawas River, climb the challenging rock walls at the Summit Adventure Park, or explore the historic Stan Hywet Hall and Gardens.
- Charming Downtown: Stroll down quaint Main Street, lined with locally-owned shops, cafes, and art galleries. Grab a coffee at the Daily Grind, savor delicious Italian cuisine at Casa di Napoli, or pick up fresh produce at the Green Farmer’s Market.
- Affordable Living: Green offers a lower cost of living compared to many surrounding areas, making it an attractive option for first-time homebuyers and families. Diverse housing options range from spacious single-family homes to cozy condos and everything in between.
Whether you’re seeking a peaceful retreat, a vibrant community, or a great place to live for you and your family, Green, OH offers a unique blend of charm, opportunity, and natural beauty.
Want to live in Green? Find our selection of new construction homes in Green. Speak to a Sales Consultant today who can help you move into a K. Hovnanian home in Green, OH.
Jackson Township, Ohio, paints a picturesque scene of Midwestern serenity. Rolling farmlands stretch beneath endless skies, dotted with charming Amish homesteads and quaint covered bridges. The air hums with the quiet symphony of nature, a melody of rustling leaves and chirping birds. Explore sprawling nature preserves like the scenic Jackson Bog State Nature Preserve, where you can hike winding trails and lose yourself in the tranquil embrace of wetlands and woodlands. Breathe in the fresh air, unwind under the shade of towering trees, and reconnect with the simple beauty of the countryside.
But Jackson Township’s allure extends beyond its idyllic landscapes. Just a stone’s throw away lies the vibrant city of Canton, pulsating with urban energy and diverse offerings. Immerse yourself in the rich history of the Pro Football Hall of Fame, catch a thrilling game at the Huntington Bank Stadium, or explore the captivating exhibits at the Canton Museum of Art. Enjoy a night out at the Canton Symphony Orchestra, indulge in culinary delights at a Michelin-starred restaurant, or shop for treasures at the historic Belden Village Mall. This seamless blend of rural tranquility and urban excitement makes Jackson Township an ideal choice for those seeking a balanced and fulfilling life.
Whether you’re a nature enthusiast seeking peaceful retreats, a family longing for a safe and spacious community, or a professional drawn to Canton’s bustling business district, Jackson Township offers something for everyone. Come discover the charm of this captivating area, where the serenity of the countryside seamlessly blends with the vibrancy of a thriving city.
What Makes Jackson Township OH a Good Place to Live:
- Strong Community: Jackson Township boasts a strong sense of community, with residents who are passionate about their hometown. From neighborhood block parties to annual festivals like the Jackson Township Fall Festival, there’s always something to bring people together.
- Affordable Living: Enjoy a high quality of life without breaking the bank. Jackson Township boasts a lower cost of living compared to many urban areas, making your dream home within reach.
- Top-Rated Schools: The Jackson Township Local School District is committed to providing students with a well-rounded education in a nurturing environment. Their schools consistently rank among the best in the state, offering a variety of academic programs and extracurricular activities.
- Outdoor Oasis: Nature lovers rejoice! Jackson Township is a haven for outdoor enthusiasts, with miles of scenic hiking and biking trails, pristine lakes for fishing and boating, and rolling hills perfect for picnicking or simply soaking up the sunshine.
- Convenient Location: Located just minutes from major highways, Jackson Township offers easy access to the excitement of nearby cities like Columbus and Dayton. You can enjoy the peace and quiet of your suburban home while still being close to all the action.
- Growing Economy: Jackson Township is home to a diverse range of businesses, from small family-owned shops to major corporations. The job market is thriving, with opportunities in various industries like healthcare, manufacturing, and technology.
- Thriving Town Center: From trendy cafes and boutique shops to family-friendly restaurants and bustling farmers’ markets, the Jackson Township town center pulsates with vibrant energy. Find local treasures, savor diverse culinary experiences, and soak up the lively atmosphere – all within walking distance.
- Arts & Culture: Immerse yourself in a vibrant local arts scene, with art galleries, live music venues, and historical landmarks offering a delightful glimpse into the township’s rich tapestry.
With its warm embrace of community, exceptional schools, stunning natural beauty, and convenient connections, Jackson Township offers the perfect blend of small-town charm and suburban dreams.
Ready to call Jackson Township Home? Check out our selection of new construction homes in Jackson Township. Contact a Sales Consultant for a tour of a K. Hovnanian home in Jackson Township, OH today!
Louisville, Ohio, nestled amidst the rolling hills of Stark County, emerges as a captivating blend of small-town charm and spirited community. Nicknamed “Constitution Town” for its role in establishing Constitution Day, Louisville wears its rich history proudly. Step back in time on picturesque Main Street, where 19th-century buildings house quaint shops, art galleries, and delectable eateries. Uncover stories of the past at the Louisville Historical Society Museum and marvel at the stunning architecture of the Louisville Civic Center and the Stark County Courthouse.
But Louisville’s heart beats not just in its historic past, but in its vibrant present. A strong sense of community pulses through the town, evident in bustling neighborhood gatherings, family-friendly events like the annual Constitution Day Parade, and festive celebrations like the Christmas in the Village lighting ceremony. Families thrive in top-rated schools like Louisville Middle School and Louisville High School, and outdoor enthusiasts rejoice in sprawling spaces like the Louisville Community Park and the nearby West Branch Reservoir. Whether you’re seeking peaceful walks amidst nature or cheering on the Louisville Leopards football team, Louisville offers something for every spirit.
Louisville is more than just a charming town; it’s a welcoming community teeming with life, history, and vibrant spirit. Come discover where the past whispers, families flourish, and a sense of belonging embraces you with open arms.
What Makes Louisville OH a Good Place to Live:
- Step Back in Time: Immerse yourself in Louisville’s rich history, evident in its beautifully preserved Victorian-era architecture and tree-lined streets. Explore the historic downtown district, visit the renowned West Main Street District, or delve into the past at the Louisville Historical Society Museum.
- Top-Rated Schools: Louisville boasts a strong education system with excellent public schools and a variety of private school options. Your children will thrive in a nurturing environment that fosters academic excellence and personal growth.
- Affordable Living: Compared to nearby urban centers, Louisville offers a lower cost of living, making it an attractive option for young families and budget-conscious individuals. Enjoy spacious homes, charming neighborhoods, and a slower pace of life – all without breaking the bank.
- Convenient Location: Situated just minutes from major highways, Louisville provides easy access to the bustling metropolises of Akron and Canton. Yet, returning home feels like stepping into a peaceful oasis, away from the urban hustle.
- Arts & Culture Galore: Immerse yourself in a vibrant arts scene, from captivating live theater productions at the Palace Theatre to inspiring art exhibits at the Louisville Arts Council Gallery. Louisville is a canvas for creativity, where local artists and talent flourish.
- Family Fun Adventures: Create lasting memories at the Louisville Community Park, featuring a splash pad, playground, and ample green space for picnics and playtime. Catch a game at the iconic Louisville Stadium, home to the Louisville Tornadoes baseball team, or cheer on the local high school sports teams.
- Nature’s Playground: Lace up your hiking boots and explore miles of scenic trails winding through the rolling hills of the Louisville Nature Center. Paddle along the tranquil Ohio River and witness breathtaking sunsets or cast a line for trophy fish.
- Festivals & Celebrations: Immerse yourself in the community spirit at Louisville’s many festivals and events. From the annual Apple Festival and Fall Foliage Festival to the holiday parades and summer concerts, there’s always something to celebrate in Louisville.
- Foodie Paradise: Louisville’s culinary scene is a delightful melting pot, offering everything from farm-to-table gourmet dishes at cozy cafes to mouthwatering barbeque joints and international cuisine. Discover your new favorite eatery or savor local flavors at the vibrant farmers’ markets.
Louisville, Ohio: Where history whispers secrets in the wind, art bursts from colorful canvases, and families create lasting memories under the open sky. Come discover your own chapter in this captivating town, and experience the magic of Louisville for yourself.
Interested in making the move to Louisville? Find our selection of new construction homes in Louisville. Reach out to a Sales Consultant today to schedule a tour of a K. Hovnanian home in Louisville, OH.
Perry Village, Ohio, tucked away in the eastern corner of Lake County, paints a picture of serene suburban living. Imagine a tapestry of tree-lined streets, friendly neighborhoods, and pockets of history interwoven with convenient access to city delights. This idyllic haven promises peace and quiet while keeping the buzz of urban excitement within reach.
Step back in time on Perry Village’s charming Main Street. Here, 19th-century buildings whisper tales of the past, housing quaint shops, cozy cafes, and delectable eateries. Immerse yourself in the village’s rich heritage at the Perry Village Historical Society Museum, and explore the serene grounds of the nearby Perry Township Park, where nature unfolds in all its glory.
But Perry Village isn’t just a nostalgic postcard. Modern families flourish here, thanks to top-rated schools like Perry Local Schools and a strong sense of community evident in family-friendly events throughout the year. For those seeking urban conveniences, major highways like I-90 and I-80 connect them to Cleveland’s dynamic cultural scene and Akron’s bustling business district. Outdoor enthusiasts rejoice in Lake Erie’s shores, offering water sports, fishing, and stunning sunsets.
What Makes Perry Village OH a Good Place to Live:
- Small-Town Heartbeat: Perry Village pulsates with a genuine sense of community. Friendly faces greet you on sidewalks, neighbors gather for block parties, and the annual Village Fair brings everyone together in a joyous celebration. This tight-knit community fosters a sense of belonging, making you feel right at home from the very start.
- Lake Erie Playground: Perry Village boasts unparalleled access to Lake Erie’s boundless allure. Sail across the sparkling waters, cast a line for trophy walleye or perch, or simply soak up the sun on the pristine beaches. Kayak through hidden coves, paddleboard with breathtaking lakefront views, or charter a fishing trip for an unforgettable aquatic adventure.
- Nature’s Sanctuary: Beyond the lake, Perry Village unveils a tapestry of lush green spaces. Explore the serene Sheldon Marsh State Nature Preserve, where diverse wetlands teem with birdlife and winding trails whisper stories of natural beauty. Hike or bike through the Perry Creek Park, picnicking under the shade of majestic trees and indulging in the tranquility of nature.
- Safe and Friendly: Perry Village takes pride in its tight-knit community and low crime rate. Friendly faces greet you on sidewalks, neighbors lend a helping hand, and a sense of belonging permeates the atmosphere. This is a place where you can truly raise a family or enjoy your retirement years with peace of mind.
- Convenient Connections: Despite its idyllic village setting, Perry Village enjoys easy access to nearby cities like Cleveland and Toledo. Major highways provide a gateway to urban amenities while maintaining the serenity of lakefront living. Experience the best of both worlds without compromising on either.
- Top-Rated Schools: Perry Village prioritizes education, boasting renowned public schools renowned for their rigorous academics, dedicated teachers, and diverse extracurricular activities. Your children will thrive in a nurturing environment that fosters intellectual curiosity and personal growth.
- Affordable Living: Compared to its bustling neighbors, Perry Village offers an attractive cost of living. Enjoy spacious homes, picturesque streets, and a slower pace of life – all without breaking the bank.
Whether you’re a nature lover seeking a peaceful retreat, a family yearning for a safe and nurturing environment, or a professional drawn to the convenience of nearby cities, Perry Village offers a harmonious blend of charm, family-friendliness, and modern amenities.
Come discover this captivating little village, where tranquility thrives alongside possibilities, and the whispers of history harmonize with the rhythm of modern life.
Interested in making the move to Perry Village? Browse our selection of new homes in Perry Village and reach out to a Sales Consultant today about our new construction homes in Perry Village, OH.
Located in Cuyahoga County, Olmstead Falls, OH emerges as a captivating tapestry of natural beauty and vibrant community. Imagine lush forests and cascading waterfalls, quaint neighborhoods dotted with historic homes, and a vibrant community spirit woven into the fabric of everyday life.
Breathe in the fresh air as you hike or bike through the Scenic Olmsted Township Park, where trails wind through woodlands and meadows, revealing breathtaking vistas of the Rocky River valley. Unwind beside the cascading waters of the falls at the Olmstead Falls Park, a haven for picnicking, fishing, and simply soaking in the tranquility of nature. Immerse yourself in the town’s rich history at the Olmstead Falls Historical Society Museum, housed in a charming 19th-century schoolhouse, and discover stories of the pioneers who carved a life amidst the wilderness.
But Olmstead Falls isn’t just a haven for nature lovers. Families flourish here, thanks to top-rated schools like Olmsted Falls City Schools and a strong sense of community evident in neighborhood gatherings, annual events like the Olmstead Falls Fall Festival, and a bustling Main Street lined with quaint shops and delectable eateries. For those seeking urban conveniences, Cleveland’s vibrant cultural scene and Akron’s bustling business district are just a short drive away.
What Makes Olmstead Falls OH a Good Place to Live:
- Historic Legacy: Step back in time with a stroll through Olmstead Falls’ historic district. Admire the lovingly preserved Victorian homes, visit the fascinating Olmstead Historical Society Museum, and delve into the captivating stories of pioneers and artisans who shaped the town’s legacy.
- Vibrant Downtown: Main Street buzzes with the energy of locally owned shops, cozy cafes, and friendly faces. Browse eclectic boutiques, savor home-cooked meals, and catch a live show at the intimate theater – downtown Olmstead Falls offers a taste of small-town charm with a modern twist.
- Top-Rated Schools: Olmstead Falls prioritizes education, boasting highly-acclaimed public schools that offer diverse academic programs and dedicated educators. Your children will thrive in a nurturing environment that fosters intellectual curiosity and personal growth.
- Safe and Friendly: Olmstead Falls takes pride in its tight-knit community and low crime rate. Neighbors lend a helping hand, friendly smiles greet you on sidewalks, and a sense of belonging permeates the atmosphere. This is a place where you can raise a family or enjoy your retirement years with peace of mind.
- Easy Access to Everything: Despite its idyllic setting, Olmstead Falls enjoys easy access to nearby cities like Cleveland and Akron. Major highways provide a gateway to urban amenities while maintaining the tranquility of a rural oasis. Experience the best of both worlds without compromising on either.
- Nature’s Playground: Olmstead Falls teems with outdoor wonder. Hike or bike through the enchanting Rocky River Reservation, kayak the serene waters of the Rocky River, or cast a line for bass and catfish in the tranquil ponds. Every twist and turn reveals a new vista, a new opportunity to connect with the beauty of nature.
- Seasonal Delights: Each season paints Olmstead Falls in a vibrant palette. Spring bursts forth with colorful blossoms, summer ignites with vibrant festivals, autumn bathes the landscape in fiery hues, and winter transforms the town into a wonderland of snowy serenity. Embrace the ever-changing charm of Olmstead Falls.
Whether you’re a nature enthusiast seeking a peaceful retreat, a family yearning for a safe and nurturing environment, or a professional drawn to the convenience of nearby cities, Olmstead Falls offers a harmonious blend of natural beauty, community spirit, and modern amenities.
Ready to make your move to Olmstead Falls? Browse our selection of new construction homes in Olmstead Falls, OH, and reach out to a Sales Consultant to start your move into a K. Hovnanian home today.
Step 2: Choose The Type of New Home You Want to Live In
Not all homes are created equal, which is why selecting the best fit for you and your family is key. Here are a few different types of new construction home options in Oho:
If you were given a crayon and asked to draw a house, you’d probably be creating one that looks like a single-family home. It’s a structure that’s detached and meant for one unit or family in which to live. You might have next-door neighbors, but you won’t share an interior wall. Living in a single-family home is a great choice since you’ll have your own outdoor space like a front yard and/or a backyard.
If desired, you can renovate your space or expand it. While a single-family home is an investment, it can be beneficial to you and your loved ones in the future.
Townhomes & Condos
A townhome is a multi-leveled structure with at least two floors that’s attached to other units by one or both walls. Think of it as a cross between a house and an apartment. You’ll get a sense of community from being close to your neighbors. You’ll share amenities like the pool or garage. This can be a great affordable option compared to a single-family home. It’s also great for first-time homebuyers who need a little more space than an apartment, or seasoned homeowners who want to downsize.
A condominium (condo for short) is a living space that’s within a larger building. You may have neighbors above, next to, and/or below you, so keep that in mind in case it’s a deal breaker during your search. Living with others so close can be a wonderful way to build community, especially if you’re moving to a new city or state. You may also have Homeowners Association (HOA) fees and certain rules to follow.
Multi-Generational / Extra Suites
The ever-popular multi-generational living is excellent for parents moving in with their adult children, adult children moving back home with their parents, au pair housing, hosting extended guests, and more.
Investing in an Extra Suite can be a great lifestyle enhancement to spend more quality time with your loved ones in a comfortable and spacious way.
Step 3: Choose Which Type of Community is Right for You
Ohio is home to many different types of new home communities, and we want to help you find the best one suite for you and your loved ones’ needs.
Types of New Ohio New Construction Home Communities
Family-friendly neighborhoods: Stress less knowing there are plenty of family-friendly amenities such as playgrounds, pools and more nearby! You’ll also be close to schools and other family-friendly activities so that everyone will find something they enjoy.
Quiet communities: Located in more rural areas, quiet communities offer more peace and tranquility, encouraging a laid-back lifestyle. While possibly having fewer amenities than family-friendly neighborhoods, quiet communities offer more privacy and space.
Master-planned communities: With everything you could ask for all in one place, a master-planned community is a convenient location to live. You can find amenities from clubhouses, shopping centers, parks, and more. Typically designed with a theme (like Mediterranean village or Tuscan villa), you’ll have different architectural styles to choose from. This type of community can be on the pricier side compared to others, but it may be your top choice if you want a place with a lot to offer.
Golf communities: Calling all golf enthusiasts! A golf community brings the course closer to you. You’ll also have access to other amenities like tennis courts for a more private experience with your neighbors who also enjoy a swing on the green. While this type of community is convenient, it can be on the more expensive side compared to other communities.
Waterfront communities: Living in a community on a lake, river, or ocean offers residents the unique opportunity to enjoy water sports and activities like boating, fishing, swimming, and more. Note that waterfront communities may cost a little more compared to other community types.
Mountain communities: If you love the great outdoors, enjoy the fresh air while hiking, biking, and skiing in a mountain community. Remember that mountain communities may cost a little more compared to other communities.
Gated Community: Rest easy in a gated community, or a collection of homes with access limited to residents only, enclosed with a physical barrier like a fence, gate, or wall. You’ll enjoy the safety and security of a quieter neighborhood, and stress less about your kids running around with the neighbors’ kids.
Active 55+ Community: Made for those who are 55 years of age and older, these resort-style communities offer houses with minimal maintenance and various different activities and amenities like social clubs, fitness centers, and transportation services. Enjoy your golden years to the fullest. Whether you’re challenging friends to a match on the sports court, taking a dip in the community pool, exploring the dog park with your canine friend, or enjoying a good meal in the barbecue pavilion, you’ll never run out of things to do in your next, exciting chapter.
HOA or no HOA
A Homeowners Association (HOA) is like a mini government for your neighborhood. While some homeowners may not enjoy the rules and regulations on aspects like exterior home decorations, others enjoy the high level of maintenance HOA communities often have. You can expect amenities such as neighborhood events, high property values, conflict resolution, and an overall sense of community.
Step 4: Consider Whether to Build Your New Home or Move In Now
New construction homes have some advantages, like adherence to new building codes, the latest technology, high energy efficiency standards, and more. But there are also key differences between a few common options.
To-be-built homes are new homes haven’t been built yet. Choosing this option gives lets you watch your dream home being built from the ground up.
You’re able to select your home design and have more freedom to decide on structural and non-structural options in advance. This can include adding an extended patio, switching out a loft for an extra bedroom, or upgrading your flooring.
It’s important to note that this process may take longer since it involves more decisions. A to-be-built home may be the best choice if you’re not looking to move in right away and if you want to ensure your dream space is exactly how you imagined it.
Move-In Ready Homes
Have you ever toured a model home and wished you could just move in? Then a move-in ready home may be the choice for you!
Move-in ready homes are fully built already, and were curated by our interior design team. This means your house comes equipped with gorgeous finishes and modern layouts, so you don’t have to worry about choosing which tiles goes with which cabinets, avoiding decision fatigue altogether.
Spec or Quick Move-In Homes
If you’re looking for more of a happy medium, try a spec or Quick Move-In home. These homes have already been built, but still have room for decisions on certain options and upgrades.
If you like the idea of a blank canvas, but don’t have the time to wait on a new construction home to be built from scratch, consider these brand-new homes that are waiting for you to come and make them your own.
Step 5: Find the Right Ohio Home Builder
Looking for a new home builder in Ohio? K. Hovnanian Homes is a great one-stop shop. We understand that there are a ton of options out there and it can be overwhelming understanding where to start, so here are a few easy steps to get you started:
- Schedule an Appointment and Tour a Model Home – A home builder’s website is a good place to start your search, but it can only tell you so much. Make an appointment with a Sales Consultant to get all your questions answered and tour a model home to better envision yourself in the space.
- Discuss Exterior & Interior Design Options — Learn what kind of flexibility and choices a home builder has to offer you, and find out what you can expect in terms of cabinetry, flooring, tiles, exterior elevation, and more.
At K. Hovnanian Homes, we’re proud to offer our innovative “Looks” interior design collections (available at select communities), making great design easy, user-friendly, and transparent. In a simple, streamlined process, we walk you through cohesive aesthetic design styles, such as Farmhouse and Loft style, while leaving plenty of options to personalize your home.
- Check Home Builder Incentives, Lending Options & Special Offers – See what a home builder can offer in terms of financing, promotions, and discounts. Home builders are here to help you become a homeowner, so be sure you speak up about your needs!
Step 6: Prepare Your Finances and Finalize Your Mortgage
Buying a new home is a big financial investment, so understanding how to prepare your finances to finalize your mortgage is crucial.
5 tips on how to prepare your finances and finalize your mortgage:
- Get pre-approved. Getting pre-approved for a mortgage will give you an idea of how much you can afford to borrow. It’ll also make your offer more attractive to sellers.
- Save up. The larger your down payment, the lower your monthly payments will be.
- Check your credit. Your credit score will affect the interest rate you’re offered on your mortgage.
- Shop around. To ensure you find the best option for you, compare interest rates and fees from different mortgage lenders before you select one. Don’t forget to check for any special offers from your home builder!
- Read the fine print. Your closing disclosure is a document that’ll outline the terms of your mortgage, so be sure you truly understand what you’re signing.
Once you’ve found a lender and agreed on the terms of your mortgage, it’s time to finalize the process!
3 additional things to keep in mind:
- Closing costs. In addition to a monthly mortgage payment, you’ll also have to pay closing costs. These costs can vary, but they typically range from 2-5% of the purchase price of the home.
- Escrow account. This is a separate account that holds money for your property taxes and homeowners insurance. The lender will collect money from you each month and deposit it into the escrow account.
- Title insurance. This protects you in case there are any problems with the title to the property.
While the process may seem overwhelming at first, when buying a K. Hovnanian home, we offer multiple free resources to avoid common stumbling blocks and help you sail through the process. Our in-house mortgage company, K. Hovnanian® American Mortgage, L.L.C.™(KHAM), also offers a variety of loan programs to work with your budget and needs. Reach out to a KHAM representative today to learn more.
Step 7: Get Ready for Your New Home in Ohio
Get ready to move into your new Ohio home! While moving may sound daunting, there are so many ways you can stay on top of things to stress less and move with ease.
10 tips to help you get ready for your move:
- Make a moving checklist. This will help you keep track of everything that needs to be done before, during, and after the move.
- Assess your items: Figure out what you’d like to keep, donate, and sell before you start packing. This is a great way to get rid of clutter, figure out what you don’t need anymore and what you do, and help others in need, or even earn a bit of extra cash!
- Pack early. Take your time now to avoid last-minute stress later.
- Label boxes clearly. This will make it easy to find what you need when you’re unpacking.
- Pack a “first night” box. This should include everything you need for your first night in your new home, such as toiletries, food, bedding, and a change of clothes.
- Don’t forget the small stuff. Don’t forget to pack things like light bulbs, batteries, cleaning supplies, and other essentials.
- Set up utilities and connectivity. Make sure your electricity, gas, water, internet, and phone services are set up and ready to go for your move-in date for a more convenient transition.
- Take safety precautions for children and pets. Make sure your new home is a safe space upon moving children and pets in.
- Who’s Moving? If you have friends or family who are willing to help you move, don’t be afraid to ask for their assistance. If you prefer professional movers, go down that route! Be sure you check out different rates of different companies first to ensure you’re not breaking the bank on movers.
- Unpack slowly and carefully. If you want the pros to help you unpack, ensure they handle your items with care. If you prefer to unpack on your own, take your time and enjoy the process of getting settled into your new home.
We’re confident you can move into your new Ohio home with ease by following these tips.
Ready to start your new life in Ohio? Visit K. Hovnanian Homes and browse our selection of new construction homes in Ohio today to find the perfect space for you. With a wide variety of styles to choose from, we’re sure you’ll find the best home for your needs and budget. With our convenient location and amenities, you’ll be able to enjoy all Ohio has to offer.
A portion of this output has been generated by artificial intelligence. K. Hovnanian American Mortgage, L.L.C. 3601 Quantum Boulevard, Boynton Beach, FL 33426. NMLS #3259 (www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org). Licensed by Ohio Division of Financial Institutions. Lic. RM.850228.000. See a Sales Consultant for details. Equal Housing Opportunity.
Last Updated on January 9, 2024